Our organization and programs were featured in several media reports, blogs and newsletters. Below please find some of them. If you would like to write about our work, drop us a line.
- On January 5th 2017, Annapurna Post featured our work on child marriage in this piece: Nepal ranks 18th with the highest absolute numbers of child marriage in the world.
- We are not the only organization that uses comic book to tackle child marriage. In January 2017, Girls Not Brides published a post about our and other organizations’ comic books that address it. Check it out here.
- During the With and for Girls Award week in November 2016, 20 locally-led organisations, including ours, were recognised for their work to improve the lives of girls. Representatives from each winning organisation attended a week of training and an awards ceremony together in London. Here’s the story of that week in tweets!
- In November 2016 we were awarded With and for Girls Award from the Stars Foundation. Our award, along with two other grantees Shakti Samuha and Women LEAD were covered in Nepali media: Kathmandu Post, Nepali Times, Glocal Khabar and Nepali Sajha.
- Our partner MATCH Fund visited us in the spring of 2016. MATCH’s Erin Edwards shared her thoughts about this field visit and the crucial need to involve boys in gender equality work in the piece Working To Make Women’s Rights The New Normal In Nepal. We agree and plan to start our work with boys in early 2017.
- No More Taboo is an organization dedicated to reducing stigma around menstruation. In March 2016 they published a blog post about our work – Spotlight on Her Turn Nepal.
- The April and May 2015 earthquakes severely affected two of the districts we worked in – Sindhupalchok and Gorkha. In the summer 2015, few months after the earthquakes, our donor MATCH International posted a blog post on our emergency response – distributing menstrual hygiene kits to adolescent girls we’ve worked with prior to the earthquake: Post-Earthquake Field Report from Her Turn. We were also featured in MATCH International’s spring 2016 newsletter.
- In November 2015 El Pais published a piece about the dangers of girl trafficking in the post earthquake context. We were featured there as one of organizations that works on trafficking prevention. You can read the whole piece (in Spanish) here.
- In August 2015, our work was featured in a post at Innovate Development called It’s Time for Her Turn. Innovate Development is an growing online community for sharing and discussing creative ideas and solutions to some of the world’s most pressing issues.
- Our October 2014 Point Period Campaign was publicized in this piece from Huffington Post: Menstruation Matters: How Periods Are Keeping Girls Out of School in Nepal.
- On the occasion of International day of the Girl 2013, Her Turn was a featured program on the The United Nations Girls’ Education Initiative (UNGEI) website. The organization celebrated the International Day of the Girl by showcasing programs that matched 2013 tagline: Innovative Solutions: Breaking the Mold of Girls’ Empowerment Initiatives.
- In March 2013, Her Turn was the featured program of Dining for Women. In the same month, the organization, and our program, was mentioned in a piece on Huffington Post 7 Easy Ways to Make an Impact on International Women’s Day.